Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Easter Seals


I took Kayla to Easter Seals on Monday for a free developmental screening.They do them free for children birth to three years old. There was really no specific concern I had. Brian and I just get many comments about Kayla's small size, which then places thoughts in my head that something is wrong, and so I wanted to be sure her small size is not affecting her development.

The developmental therapist played with Kayla and went through a list of tests covering fine motor skills, gross motor skills, problem solving, communication, and other areas. A number score was given for each area, and was plotted on a chart. She told me that Kayla is right on target for her age, and we have nothing to worry about. Kayla didn't want to leave because she was having so much fun playing with all of their toys! It was such a relief, and has lifted a huge weight off my shoulders.

I mainly wanted to post all of this to say how wonderful they were at Easter Seals. I had heard of Easter Seals in the past, but never really knew what they exactly did, but I have learned more about their organization. I know a lot of their funding is through public donations. If anyone else is interested in learning about them, their website is http://www.easterseals.com.

No comments: