Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Beauty

Today at my mom group the discussion topic was fashion and beauty. Everyone talked about their favorite fashion tips, places to shop, and beauty products. I took lots of notes because all the moms in my group are VERY beautiful!

It is fun to pamper and beautify our outward appearance, and believe me, I love shopping and buying products and going to the salon just as much as the next girl!!! However, it is important that we don't forget the inner beauty we have through Christ. I know sometimes God inspires me to lead certain topics because I personally need to be reminded about them, and this was one of them:-)

2 Corinthinans 5: 17-"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new!"

When you enter a relationship with Christ, ALL things become new...your thoughts, attitudes, values, behaviors, emotions, and relationships. And best of all, this is all free of charge by asking Jesus into your heart, and turning your life over to Him. I have never seen this type of offer at any spa, salon, or makeup counter!!! The most I get free of charge is a lemon water or a sample of perfume to last me about one day:-)

There is nothing wrong with looking pretty, but we must also remember to work on our inner beauty, which is what matters most to our Lord and Savior.

1 Samuel 16:7 - "The Lord does not look at the things man looks at. Man looks at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart." (NIV)


Proverbs 31:30 - "Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting: but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised."(NIV)

1 Peter 3:3-5 - "3Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. 4Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight. 5For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to make themselves beautiful." (NIV)









2 comments:

Joan said...

Melissa, you amaze me! What a beautiful and precious woman of God you have become! I am blessed, Brian is blessed and Kayla and new baby are blessed to have you in our lives!

Roseann said...

Melissa,you have really grown up in Christ! That was a beautiful and inspiring message. If you don't mind,I would love to share it with Krista.