Sunday, July 5, 2009

Big Sister Kayla


I thought I would devote this post about big sister Kayla since the poor girl has not been getting much attention the past few weeks. I just noticed looking at these pictures that Kayla has suddenly grown before my eyes!!! I don't know if she just looks more grown up because I am now comparing her to an 8lb baby, but I really think she has grown.
Besides still being pretty bald, she just is starting to look like a little girl instead of a baby. She has got almost a full set of teeth, says so many words, and can understand so much of what we say. She is still small for her age, but she just recently has put on some pounds! I noticed this the past couple days, as I have been starting to pick her up again, and rock her to sleep...and I am actually struggling to hold her!
This little stinker still isn't walking, even though I know she could:-) She stands up all the time, and constantly walks everywhere with all of her push toys. We have caught her so many times trying, but the minute she sees us, she falls to the ground.
Kayla has not payed too much attention to new baby. She will push her in the swing and try to give her toys once in awhile, but for the most part she ignores her. The lack of attention is definitely showing in her behavior. She just whines and gets upset about EVERYTHING. Also, when we have visitors, she gets SUPER excited...and then when they leave, she gets VERY upset because the all play with her. It is so hard for me to not have the ability right now to give her my full attention, but I know it will get better as the baby gets older.

2 comments:

Erik Scottberg said...

how do you get her to smile like that. i've got to bribe our boys with candy and even then it's a hit or miss thing.

looking forward to meeting sarah. i think we're going to try to get down there in a couple of weeks.

Bethany Patrice said...

can't wait to see you guys on Thursday~