My McDreamy
The most recent picture I could find of just us...sadly at the hospital for my c-section...we never really take pictures together anymore
I forgot to write about our 6 year wedding anniversary, which was July 11, due to the addition of Sarah. We didn't go out this year, or even buy gifts. We usually at least buy each other whatever the traditional gift is for that year; the 6th year is candy or iron. Instead, we just hung out at home with our 2 girls. It is hard to believe we started dating almost 13 years ago back in high school. Many things have changed since then, and here are just a few:
1. We rent movies instead of going to the theater
2. Bedtime is 10pm instead of midnight or later
3. Love notes have been replaced by grocery/to-do lists
4. Dinner is no longer together, but entails one person fending off the screaming children while the other shovels down their food
5. Our latest Abercrombie and Fitch outfits have been replaced by the most recent Target special, usually including baby spit up on the front or shoulder
6.Listening to trendy music has been replaced by sitting and reading in the peace and quiet
7. Working out has been replaced by naps
8. Our backseats where we used to haul all of our friends is now taken up by car seats, toys, snacks, and juice containers
9. Instead of the news we watch Noggin
10. Decorations have been replaced by bins of toys, swings, bouncy seats, princess castles, and activity centers
Our life has changed, but I wouldn't replace any of these things for the world.
I know our love for each other has not changed, and that is all that matters:-)
1. We rent movies instead of going to the theater
2. Bedtime is 10pm instead of midnight or later
3. Love notes have been replaced by grocery/to-do lists
4. Dinner is no longer together, but entails one person fending off the screaming children while the other shovels down their food
5. Our latest Abercrombie and Fitch outfits have been replaced by the most recent Target special, usually including baby spit up on the front or shoulder
6.Listening to trendy music has been replaced by sitting and reading in the peace and quiet
7. Working out has been replaced by naps
8. Our backseats where we used to haul all of our friends is now taken up by car seats, toys, snacks, and juice containers
9. Instead of the news we watch Noggin
10. Decorations have been replaced by bins of toys, swings, bouncy seats, princess castles, and activity centers
Our life has changed, but I wouldn't replace any of these things for the world.
I know our love for each other has not changed, and that is all that matters:-)







3 comments:
This was so sweet! What I find amazing is that you have any peace and quiet to read!
that's so sweet and yet so true!!!
Happy Belated Anniversary! Mike and I were just talking last night about how we feel so blessed to have been in a relationship for so many years now. Sometimes I'm baffled that it's been almost 13 years! How are we "that old"? haha! Wishing you both much happiness in the years to come!
Post a Comment