Kayla has really shown no interest in stairs. If I am upstairs, she will stand at the bottom step and repeat "Mama" or "Daddy" until I come get her, but that is about it. I have tried to show her how to go up the steps once, maybe twice, and I had to pretty much move her arms and legs for her. Then half way up she would just cry, and want to be picked up.
Tonight Brian left after dinner, I put Kayla in the family room to play, and then I went to the kitchen to do dishes. After about 5-10 minutes I noticed her voice sounded farther away, and she was repeating "Daddy." So I left the kitchen expecting her to be at the bottom of the stairs screaming for us, forgetting that I was in the kitchen, and daddy was gone. When I approached the stairs, to my huge surprise, Kayla was sitting at the top of the staircase laughing and clapping when she saw me. My heart just dropped, I ran up the stairs, and grabbed her. Part of me was so scared that she went up the stairs herself, another part of me was perplexed on how she even figured it out on her own, and another part of me was so proud of her! Here is this 15 month old child who can't even walk, but can go up a flight of stairs???? I am so confused!
I guess it is time for a baby gate!
Halloween 2024
1 year ago







2 comments:
Oh no! I think its my fault. When we were at Bethany and Erik's she didn't want to go up the steps from the downstairs area and I showed her how and she climbed up them. I had no idea she hadn't done it before or that she would even think to try it herself. That was also only 5 or 6 stairs. How scary for you. I'm glad she didn't try to go down them!
ahhh she is such a little accomplisher...walking is just around the corner!!!
Post a Comment