Thursday, April 9, 2009

What a Mess!


Quiet...the sound I have learned you never want to hear! I am no longer in the days where I can just leave Kayla to play by herself as I do dishes, laundry, shower, check email, clean, etc.

Three big messes to clean up in a matter of two days, that is not a bad record, right?

The first mess was not Kayla's doing, but my doing. Apparently I did not go through the laundry very well because an ink pen exploded all over the inside of the dryer. By the way, nail polish remover works the best out of everything I read about on websites. However, they give you all these warnings to wash out your dryer with soap and water, and leave it open to air out for a long time, otherwise you might have a fire or explosion. Now I am so paranoid to use my dryer in fear we will blow up that the laundry is just piling up:-)

The second mess occurred while I was trying to clean ink out the dryer. There was a sudden hush over the house, so of course I went to check on Kayla. I made my way into the dining room where we have a large potted rubber plant. There I discovered dirt all over the dining room carpet, dirt all over Kayla's clothes, and dirt all over her face and in her mouth. She was just standing there alternating the throw of dirt over her shoulder, and putting dirt into her mouth.

The third mess occurred this morning while I was upstairs getting ready. Again, there was a sudden silence over the house...to good to be true. I made my way downstairs, and followed a trail of jelly bean stains on the family room carpet to find Kayla in the above picture laughing with jelly bean stains on her face, outfit, and hands. Apparently I forgot to take away the Easter egg I filled with Starburst jelly beans for Kayla to rattle. She ate the entire egg full!

2 comments:

the Leetch family said...

How funny! She looks like she's saying "haha, look what I did!" Hope your carpet faired a little better :)

sharonie said...

ohhh but her face is just so precious!