Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The Letters Y and Q

I love Kayla to pieces, but she can be a very strange child. She has many interesting habits and mannerisms, with too many to list.

I think the thing that strikes me the most strange is her love for the letters Y and Q. In the tub she plays with foam letters of the alphabet. With each bath I noticed she would always end up playing with Y and Q the entire time. At first I thought it was just a coincidence...

So, one day I threw all of the letters in the tub, mixed them up and covered them in bubbles, and Kayla immediately sifted through them to find the Y and Q. At first I was a little freaked out thinking Kayla was trying to give me some secret message from beyond...haha! Then I was amazed that she is already picking out letters of the alphabet.

I wish I had a profound answer, maybe that she likes the shape of Y and Q, or the colors of the Y and Q...but I don't...maybe she wants me to name her sister a name that starts with Y or Q, like Yolanda or Queen.

For now, she is just my sweet, but strange, little Kayla:-)

1 comment:

Joan said...

That was way too funny! She is so smart. Maybe you should try leaving them out of the tub all together and see if she still looks for them!