Friday, June 12, 2009

So close, yet so far away...

38 weeks....the point in pregnancy where you are so ready to be done, but time moves by so
s-l-o-w-l-y!

Today I am 1 1/2 cm dilated, and 25% effaced, which in pregnancy land, means absolutely nothing...haha! My belly is now measuring 41 weeks because of my high amount of amniotic fluid, so I am literally ready to burst. They did tell us a few weeks back that high amniotic fluid could mean the baby has a birth defect, but they also said everything looks fine on the ultrasounds....however, it still scares you when they say things like that.

I am still working at the hospital on the weekends, so maybe this weekend I will do some extra squatting and heavy lifting:-)

Instead of watching the second hand tick, I really should just be enjoying this time of only taking care of one child and sleeping through the night! I know once she is here, I will be wishing she was back in my belly where I didn't have to feed her, change her diaper, or listen to her cry:-)

2 comments:

Bethany Patrice said...

Try really hard to have the baby on the 24th :) on our anniversary. Or, hold out to the 4th so she can share a birthday with Kent. Or, the 1st, so she can have the same special day as her Uncle E. Or, maybe the 21st on Father's Day...or on the 13th cuz it's my Grandpa's birthday, or the 15th is my dad's...or the 19th is Sharon's anniversary.

Joan said...

The 22nd is Aunt Mardi's B-day. She wants you to have her then. I think you should just have her!