Friday, September 4, 2009

Kayla at 19 months

Kayla has grown so much in the past month, and I am really enjoying 19 months.

She is walking everywhere now, which I am loving, so I don't have to carry her all the time.

There is also has been a vocabulary spurt. Even though you can't understand half of what she says when she jibber-jabbers, she does try to imitate most of all of the words we use around her, and she can point at objects and tell you what they are. She is also putting some words together like "Hi Sarah" and "Bless you" and "Thank You." It is also so funny to hear your child talk because they use words you tend to use a lot. For example, she walks around the house with my cell phone saying "Ummm" and "Okay" and "I know."

Not only has she been using more words, but she can count from 1 to 10, sings most of the ABCs, and is starting to recognize shapes and colors. There are also many parts of her favorite songs and books that she can sing or say with me.

This age also is fun because they become your little helper. She wants to throw things out, help me pick up, brings me diapers, opens and closes doors, and hands me dishes out of the dishwasher. It is also funny when they do things out of nowhere that you never even taught them! Like yesterday she had my kitchen towel and was walking around the house wiping things down like she was cleaning:-)

All I know is I better enjoy this fun age because the terrible two's are approaching very quickly!!!

No comments: