We are joining a few other couples to do Growing Kids God's Way. It is a 16 week study, we are doing 8 sessions this spring, and the remaining 8 sessions in the fall. You have to put in a lot of work and time to get something out of it, so pray for our commitment.
Brian and I are entering an interesting stage of parenthood now that Kayla is 2 years old. We are used to having babies that really don't misbehave. I have had glimpses of the disobedience that lies ahead of us, so I want to be proactive, and not reactive, as I raise my children. I want Brian and I to be on the same page, to know how we will handle behaviors before they occur, and to be consistent.
This is not too much to ask, right? I know you all are shaking your heads, laughing at me, or saying "good luck to you" as you read this.
I will be posting about our progress. Hopefully by the end I will post a picture of Kayla and Sarah sitting like perfect angels:-)
Halloween 2024
1 year ago







3 comments:
I think you are absolutely right and doing the right thing taking this class. I think you will be blessed. Kids need to know the boundaries and that they won't be moved just because they want them moved. This will help you establish the boundaries and then help you both stand as an unmovable force to keep them in place. Too often parents don't agree and aren't on the same page and the kids play into that. You are smart to so something about it now. Just keep in mind that grandma(s) will come over and mess it all up once in a while! :-)
Never heard of this before but surely going to look it up now! Thanks for sharing! :)
Please send me more information on how I could study this at home as well.
Thanks,
Shauna
Post a Comment