Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Kayla's Turn



I feel like I write a lot about Sarah...maybe it is because she is a baby, and their milestones are more obvious.

Well, Kayla, it is your turn. It is so weird watching her transform from a baby to a little girl. She is funny because she weighs the same as most 1 year old babies, but acts like a toddler. I think she frightens people when she starts talking! It is so funny when kids begin talking, because they say so many things that you have NO idea where they picked it up, and you know it is something you did not teach them.

Last night at dinner, she took at bite, and started singing "I twied it, and now I like it." Today I put her down for her nap in her room, and as I left her room she said "Adios mama."

Then there is other things they say that melt your heart. The other night I was washing dishes, and she came up behind me, wrapped her arms around my legs, and said "I wuv you mama!" And then she ran away to go watch her television show.

When she eats ice cream or desserts, she says "MMMM, dewicious!" And when I vacuum, she will follow me with her little toy vacuum, and sing "Cwean up, cwean up, evwyboby, evwywher!"

You also have to be careful at this age because they literally try to repeat every word they hear! I feel like I live with a little parrot! I catch myself saying "Ahh, shoot" when I make a mistake, and now Kayla will say it whenever she does something wrong. When people leave our house, she will say "Bye, bye, see you soon!", which is what I always say to people when they leave. When she is thinking, she will put her little finger on her chin, and say "Hmmmm, I know!"

I could go on and on, and probably bore you to tears. This is just a fun time...well, subtracting the tantrums:-)

1 comment:

Joan said...

I love this! I miss seeing all of you! When can I come for a visit?