Brian and I are celebrating 5 years of marriage today, and almost 12 years together, including the years we dated. We always get each other gifts based on what the year traditionally represents...5 Years=Wood...I am interested to see what I get! Tonight we will probably have a romantic evening of packing for Florida and listening to Kayla cry to herself to sleep, and I will probably go to bed at 8pm because I have to get up at 5am to go to work...oh, how times have changed!
Happy Anniversary, Brian! I love you! Here is what I have learned about marriage over 5 years!
1)Listening and understanding is the key to a great relationship, but it is what you will struggle with most!
Example:
Woman:"Well, here we are, together for another whole year"
Man:"Sure...I could go for a cold beer"
2)You will always feel like you give more than you take
3)It is nice to not have EVERYTHING in common with a person, opposites attract!
4)Arguments are good, if you don't have conflict, someone is probably getting walked on
5)Marriage really is a mirror that reveals to you all of your personal problems
6)Love is putting the other person before yourself, and wanting to do anything to make them happy
7)You must tell the other person your expectations, nobody is a mind reader
8)It is important to still "date"
9)You can't be so serious, make time to loosen up and laugh
10)Each person can't always get what they want, you need to compromise
11)Love really does grow over time
12)Forgiveness can be difficult
13)The Gerber commercial is right, having a baby changes EVERYTHING
14)Most importantly, put God FIRST, and it will help your marriage








1 comment:
CONGRATS, Melissa and Brian! It's so encouraging to see how beautiful God makes your relationship when you put Him first. Have a great time in Florida!
much love, Erin
Post a Comment