Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Packing


I found this picture and it reminds me of how I pack. Packing is an art form.

I think Brian hates when we are getting ready for a trip because for about a week the entire house has organized piles all over the floor. We are getting ready to go on a Florida road trip. He makes fun of me, especially when we are going to a place like Florida, because I pack as if we are going to a third world country, and nothing will be available to buy when we get there.

Brian's packing is to grab the first thing he sees and throw it in a bag and be done. I like to have ALL my choices laid out before me, then I can select what I want, and pack it neatly.

Now that we have a child, it is even worse. It is funny all the things we think we need and can't do without. How did the pilgrim families travel without a cooler of drinks and snacks, MP3 player, DVD player, a van, air conditioning, under the floor cargo storage, car seat toys, travel games, GPS navigation, and roadside assistance?????

1 comment:

Joan said...

OK, I almost had a heart attack! I thought that was a picture of what you were bringing on the trip. I was wondering where I was going to put all MY stuff!
Looking forward to the trip! And remember put it all out there and then put half of it back! Uncle Mike is bringing laundry detergent so we can wash anything we need to. Besides we'll be in our swimming suits all day, right!?