
I know for some this picture might make your stomach do flip-flops, and others may not even think twice about this image.
I really never had any of the common fears/phobias that many people have, like heights, spiders, snakes, darkness, water, and small confined spaces.
However, tomorrow I am taking on a new responsibility. I guess that is my fear...doing new things in fear that I may fail.
I am in a program at our church called Mom2Mom that meets every Wednesday. The moms that are welcome can come from all walks of life...our church, other churches, other faiths, no faith, working moms, single moms, stay at home moms...but we only promote the Christian faith, the focus is on moms who have chosen to stay home, and the goal is to bring moms into a relationship or a deeper relationship with Jesus Christ. It is meant to encourage and challenge each other, and to help moms raise the children God has entrusted us with.
We have programming, special events, and speakers. However, this program is so large, we have broken into "care circles," which is a smaller group of moms in the same "season", or with kids the same age. During care circle time we do devotions, activities, discussion questions, prayer, and just visit. We are broken up by moms of babies, toddlers, teenagers...we even have a circle of grandmothers! I have decided to become a care circle leader for new moms of one child under 1 years old. Orientation/Registration day is tomorrow, so I am just overwhelmed with feelings that I won't be able to do this!
I also took on a position as a leader of the decorating team, and the theme this year is that we are on a cruise ship, and we will be stopping at different islands each week...oh my!
I just have to keep in mind that God called me to do this, so he will equip me with the things I need. Please pray for me:-)







2 comments:
I will be praying for you. This is so exciting and I know you will do a wonderful job. It is a great opportunity and will challenge your faith in ways that will grow you closer to Jesus. You will be such a blessing to all those new moms!
Love you
How did it go?
Post a Comment