The other night I reached the point of no return where all of Kayla's "tiny" comments build up, and I don't mind sharing this, but I just cry. It seems like I can take a whole bunch of comments for about one month without it really bothering me, and then I have to have another crying session.She is going to be 8 months old next week and is maybe 13 pounds, but I won't exactly know until her 9 month appointment. I feel bad because I know there is worse things in this world that could be wrong with her, so I should be thankful that she is otherwise a healthy baby. However, it still just hurts for some reason when you are around other people that have 2-4 month old babies that are the same size or much bigger than your 8 month old:-)
I don't know why it bothers me, or what I fear of her being small. It really is okay to be a petite girl. I guess I am just afraid she will get made fun of, or won't be able to participate in things she wants to do if she ends up staying so tiny. Honestly, her size really never bothered me, it actually just bothers other people. Maybe they think I am neglecting her, or not feeding her...who knows.
The thing that made me feel better this month was Shawn Johnson. She is a 4'9" beautiful, happy, healthy young woman. It just reminded me that being small is fine, and you can still do great things.







2 comments:
Kayla is the most beautiful perfect little girl. I find it hard to believe that people are so insensitive. She was fearfully and wonderfully created by her heavenly Father and He made her just as He wanted her to be...perfect! You are a wonderful and caring mom and Kayla and Brian couldn't be more blessed
Love you
Melissa,
Sorry to hear that is still going on. Kayla is so cute I just want to squeeze her to death. And I hope this thought is reassuring and not somehow offensive but I was always the "fat" kid and I was so envious of the small/thin girls. Don't know if that is a thought that helps at all.....
Post a Comment