
So yesterday we bought a new 2008 Honda Accord. I hate car shopping. No matter how great of a deal you think you are getting, or that the salesman says you are getting, I still feel icky when I leave. Somebody has to be making money, and most likely it is not you. But whatever, it is something that we all have to do, and hopefully you did the best you could.
All I know is that we got the car for a little under invoice because they are trying to get rid of their 2008 inventory, so this is pretty much the ONLY time of year Honda gives a discount. The car has been rated best in its class for many years now, so Honda pretty much never gives rebates knowing that people are willing to pay more for a car that can last 200,000 miles and holds its value very well.
I feel uncomfortable because this was such a rush decision, but we pretty much had to do it very quickly because many of the dealerships in Peoria, Decatur, Bloomington, and Springfield don't have a lot of the 2008 left.
So what is this for us now, 3 new cars in 3 years...that is not a bad record, right:-) We really need to start considering a horse and buggy!







No comments:
Post a Comment