Friday, January 23, 2009

Television

Brian and I got our new LCD television delivered yesterday for our basement. I have been putting off the decision for so long, but we finally just did it. My fear was that once we got it, we would never see each other, since I usually have stuff to do upstairs, and then Brian would be down in the basement. My other fear is that we will become the couple forever glued to the sofa watching every show ever created. What did we do last night, you might ask? We sat and watched all our Thursday night shows...haha! Hey, but we used DVR, so it saved time skipping the commercials:-)

For me, I have such a love-hate relationship with television. It can be a great source of information, laughter, tears, inspirational stories, relaxation, ideas, and creativity. However, it can also be a source of false information, violence, separation, mindlessness, laziness, and just plain garbage.

Although, I have to admit, the picture on the LCD is amazing, and you feel like you are really there.

I guess television is just like anything else in life, you have to do it in moderation...although if I used the word "moderation" right now with Brian about his new LCD television, he might just laugh out loud right in my face. See you next year, honey!

2 comments:

Joan said...

What size did you get? I'm surprised you are putting it downstairs. I guess you will have find things to do down there. Maybe he could put in a kitchen so you could cook together.

Bethany Patrice said...

erik and i are worse. i watch tv upstairs, and he watches tv downstairs. :) I don't like Sci-Fi and he doesn't like TLC :)