Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Why I don't Grocery Shop at Walmart

When I tell people I grocery shop at Jewel, I get a hard time about how expensive it is, especially from Walmart shoppers:-)
Here is a list of why I don't grocery shop at Walmart:

1)Jewel is closer to my house, so it saves me the mileage and gas
2)Jewel never has long lines, so my food isn't warm and melted by the time I leave
3)Walmart's meat and produce are not very good, so then I have to go to Jewel anyway
4)Walmart is ALWAYS crowded and ALWAYS has long lines
5)Most Walmart shoppers don't look where they are going and take up the ENTIRE aisle
6)Most Walmart shoppers walk in the middle of the road in the parking lot, and don't watch for cars
7)My blood pressure at Jewel 110/70....my blood pressure at Walmart 300/200
8)My anxiety level at Jewel 0 out of 10...my anxiety level at Walmart 10 out of 10
9)Jewel mainly sells groceries, so I am not tempted to spend money on other stuff
10)Walmart seems to only save me $10-20, which I can save $20 using my preferred card at Jewel

For how much I would spend on gas, spoiled food, blood pressure and anxiety medication, and anger management classes...the money savings to grocery shop at Walmart is just not worth it for me.

Do I shop at Walmart for other stuff...of course. Will I ever shop at Walmart for groceries...only if it was the last place left on earth...which I have a feeling it might be one day since there are so many of them:-)

2 comments:

Jon, Emily and Mikey said...

This is exactly how Emily and I feel!!!!! We're behind you 10000000% on this one. We shop Kroger, but for all the same reasons.

Kelli said...

Well, I guess I'll return the WalMart gift card I got Kayla for her birthday :)