Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Small, but Mighty!

Kayla had her 1 year check up today. Her height is 26 1/2 inches, which is 5%. Her weight is 15 lb 11 oz, which is less than 3%. Her head circumference is 17 3/4 inches, which is 52%. The doctor is not concerned at all, he says "she is small, but mighty". She is very strong, in muscles and will power. I should probably start reading those books now on how to raise a strong willed child. He says Kayla does everything a 12 month old should be doing. I think she will be walking in the next few weeks, but I really am in no rush for that...more chasing for me:-) Her nickname up to this point has been "little peanut", but I guess now we should change it to "mighty mouse"! Everyone always jokes with us that our next child will be in the 95%, and huge:-)

2 comments:

Joan said...

I love that "small but mighty" it suits her perfectly. Can't wait for the day when she holds her own against Parker and Kent!

Bethany Patrice said...

this world needs small ladies. my boys aren't going to be huge, so they'll likely date petite girls like kayla...only not kayla cuz they're cousins and that's gross :) never mind...