Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The Bucket List

I watched the movie "The Bucket List" with Brian. After the movie is finished, you can't help but think to yourself "What would I put on my list if someone told me I only had 6 months to 1 year to live?"

There are so many beautiful things to see on this earth, whether created by God or man. I would love to see all of them, but realistically, I probably never will. First of all, you have to have lots of disposable income, which I don't have. Second, the farthest I have been out of the country is Puerto Vallarta, Mexico...so I am not what you would call a world traveler.

Then I remind myself, even if I never get to see all the wonders of this world, I am bound for a place of indescribable beauty and wonders. It is a place that will put the things of this earth to shame. Would I still love to do the things on my "Bucket List?"...sure. But would I be at peace with dying even if I didn't finish my list?...yes.

1 comment:

Kim Vinson said...

I truly love what you just wrote here. We watched that movie too and your insight is just so true. Yes, it'd be great to check off things on an earthly list, but what we have waiting for us is so much more than we can even think of & hope for. Love it. Thanks for sharing.