Kayla is now 7 months old, and she is getting smarter. She has developed separation anxiety, and she wants to be with Brian or I ALL the time. The only things that interest her are the things we are doing. Her toys are only fun and interesting if we are playing with them, too.
Why is it that along with separation anxiety babies develop the knowledge that they can manipulate and have some control over their environment? She knows that if she fusses enough, we will come pick her up and carry her around with us.
I have read that you need to leave them alone to play and fuss so they learn to entertain themselves (of course after making sure that they are not dirty, tired, or hungry), and so they don't learn that you cry to get what you want.
Atleast now she is only manipulating us for our attention...10 years from now she will manipulate us to get the new latest trend...20 years from now it will be for an ice sculpture at her wedding...so it starts:-)
Halloween 2024
1 year ago







2 comments:
oh man...how do you get cleaning and laundry done if she wants you to play with her all the time or be in the same room with her?
it is so hard to teach a baby to self soothe and self entertain, but I think I waited a bit too long to do that with Kent, and it was extremely difficult. He just now is able to play in his room alone for a while.
Post a Comment