Friday, August 29, 2008

The Twilight Zone

Last night was so weird because Kayla never wakes up in the middle of the night anymore. However, Kayla woke up around midnight last night screaming and crying. Brian went to go see what was wrong, picked her up, but she just kept screaming. So I went in the room to see what was going on, took her from Brian, and still she just kept screaming, crying, kicking, and pushing me away with her arms. It was the strangest thing because she didn't even seem to know we were there to help her, and she looked like she was awake, but she seemed to be somewhere else. It was so freaky that I felt like I was in the twilight zone!

I looked it up this morning on the internet, and I guess this is the age night terrors can start. Here is what I read on kidshealth.org:
"Night terrors are different from nightmares. Night terrors occur during the deep part of sleep and although they may seem worrisome to you, your baby is actually still asleep - even if your baby's eyes are open - and has no idea that he or she is crying. Make sure that your baby is safe and he or she will eventually quiet down. Nightmares usually start around 3 to 4 years of age and children wake up from them feeling scared."

No comments: