
I like watching golf, and I don't know why. Maybe it is because my Dad always watched it growing up. Monday is my lazy day since I work the weekend, and lucky for me the US Open got extended for a tiebreaker between Tiger and Rocco. There is something about laying around and watching golf on a lazy afternoon. I admit, most of the time I fall asleep, but I always seem to wake up during the exciting plays, or for the last hole.
However, yesterday I watched it all because it was actually pretty exciting. They were even most of the time, and for awhile I thought Tiger was going to lose it. As usual, he pulled through, even with a bad knee. And 91 holes of golf later he won, again.
It is funny because I think most people don't think of golf as a challenging sport because it is not very physical. However, I beg to differ. It is very physical and mental sport, and you don't have other team members to fall back on when you are tired or hurt. That is how good these golfers are...they make it look easy. I know I couldn't walk 91 holes of a golf course, and hit the ball as precisely as these guys did.
Of course, my score on a 9 hole course (and using a golf cart) is equal to both Tiger and Rocco's scores combined! I think I will just stay on the couch and watch:-)







1 comment:
i think golf is boring, but I have to admit while I was on the treadmill I watched almost 35 minutes of coverage after Tiger won. It was pretty exciting...and I never thought I'd say that in reference to golf.
Post a Comment