
I apologize ahead of time to my readers about this venting session...
Here is the deal. We live in a society that loves fat babies. I love a chubby baby just like the next person. My baby is small. She is 5 months old and maybe 11 pounds. Everywhere I go people tell me how small she is, as if I did not know, and I am figuring this out for the first time. I had one person even joke with me "Do you feed your baby?" No, we don't, I would joke back...but deep down it really hurt.
I have run out of quick, smart things to say back to people. Now I just ignore it, or change the subject. The bottom line is she is healthy, and does everything she is suppose to do for her age. I wish I could make a sign to hang around her neck that says "Hi, my name is Kayla, I am small for my age" so people don't have to ask.
This is what I love about my small baby:
1)She is easy to carry
2)She doesn't grow out of clothes
3)We get more diapers for our money
4)People think she is a highly advanced newborn
Okay, I am done venting. I feel better:-)







3 comments:
I love babies that a little! The boys were never tiny but they weren't chubby either. Don't let rude people get the best of you. You are a fantastic mom and you have a beautiful baby who is perfect in everyway! And she is healty what more can you ask for. I wish I had a good come back for you.
Love Grandma
all i have to say is that the best things come in small packages!
Dear melissa,
My name is also melissa and I have a 9 month old little girl named hannah who is also tiny. I came across your blog a month ago and I am happy to know that I am not the only mom who has to suffer with "tiny" baby comments. Your Kayla is so adorable and she is built much like my Hannah. I have also shed many tears over her weight and people's rude comments. I am also a registered nurse and live in the Phoenix area. I would love to get in contact with you. Your posts have inspired me and given me hope.
Post a Comment